Thursday, December 4, 2008

Follow ups / Making Progress

Huzzah for progress! I have made my binder to track goals and calendars and stuff. I have made my list of support group people and put it in my binder. I have printed my exercise and diet charts and put them in the binder, too. Did I mention I've started going to the gym with my sister-in-law? That I've started making better food choices and have been cooking a LOT more than I used to? That I've been getting up early enough to see daylight and going to bed before midnight?

I've tried doing food and exercise and a normal sleeping schedule on my own for months with zero success until I told my sister-in-law I'd be there ready to go to the gym at 5:45 a.m. on Monday, and then I went Tuesday as well. (Wednesday I was sick and Thursday she didn't go.) We're going tomorrow again, so I know I have to go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight if I'm going to live through getting up that early. Kudos to my sister-in-law for being willing to take me with her to the gym and for all the good consequences that have come of it.

So YAY for progress! And for actually doing the things that I said I would and that I know will help me. And if I can do it, SO CAN YOU.

No comments: